Vinyl fencing is becoming very popular in Edmonton, and Alberta wide. Fencing from composite or vinyl material offers the beauty of wood with minimal maintenance. This low-maintenance fencing alternative holds up to the temperature extremes of Alberta’s weather with minimal thermal expansion and contraction to maximize the stability of your fence. Eco or vinyl fencing has become very popular here in Edmonton, as it is an alternative for wood, and thank you for the vinyl material durability and for its maintenance free. But before deciding whether or not vinyl fencing is the right product for you, vinyl possess different properties than traditional fencing solutions and it is good to know the difference. If you find yourself considering vinyl as a fencing solution, be sure to ask the professionals at S&P Construction before making a decision.
The Advantages of Using Vinyl Fence Over Others
- Vinyl typically lasts much longer than wooden fence and is over 4 times stronger than wood. So you will be getting more for your money, and you will be investing in a fence that will possibly last a lifetime.
- Vinyl material is built to last and maintains is original condition for years, vinyl maintains it’s look for a very long time, and does not require painting at all.
- Vinyl is easy to clean with basic household cleaning materials.
- Vinyl does not decompose like wood and is rust free, vinyl is flexible and do no break off as easily as wood material.
- As the industry evolves the advances in manufacturing have made vinyl a strong competitor for common fencing applications. You can see that vinyl fence is meant to be a long lasting, low maintenance fencing product and materials.
Some Minor Disadvantages of Vinyl are Listed Here:
- Should your vinyl fence be damaged it can be more difficult to replace and could require the work of a professional for repairing even a small section of fence.
- Vinyl is one of the more expensive fencing solutions available. So not everyone can afford it.
- Some vinyl fencing can fade in extreme weather, or when they are exposed to certain heat and lights.
In general, vinyl is an excellent fencing solution and in most instances. The most important is to do some research, and make sure you are using the right type of fence for your needs. Some manufacturer offers warranties as many do offer some limited lifetime warranties on their products. A beautiful maintenance free vinyl fence is a good option for your dream backyard. Vinyl usually comes in white, brown, beige and similar colors. Remember to ask S&P Construction about the vinyl material they use.